Using batch system at BINP/GCF
From Charm-Tau Detector
Batch system usage simplified
The BINP/GCF batch system is Sun Grid Engine.
To submit a job, do:
- After login set up your working environment (setupSCTAU, asetup, source build/x86..)
- Change to the job working directory
- Submit the job using
qsub -cwd -V -b y -shell n progam_name program_parameters
qsub -cwd -V -b y -shell n ctaurun.py test_calor_clusters.py
- qsub - submit a job
- -cwd - work in the current directory, also put job' stdout and stderr there (the files will be program_name.oNUMBER and program_name.eNUBMER)
- -V - transmit environment variables (they were set up at the step 1) into the job
- -b y -shell n - run program_name as an executable file, do not spawn an extra shell
To check job status, issue
For details please refer to man qsub, man qstat.